Watch the Episode
Today we discuss some of the worst social media advice floating around the internet and why you need to ignore it. The first tip? Don’t listen to anyone who claims to be an internet wizard, ninja, or any other kind of fictional character.
Beer of the Day: Saint Archer
Here’s a quick summary:
1. You don’t need to be on every single platform that’s out there. It’s better to focus on the ones your customers are on.
2. You shouldn’t send out automated messages to everyone who follows you. It makes you look inauthentic.
3. There is a limit to how much you should post. More isn’t always better.
4. There’s a lot of obvious SPAM reviews out there. Don’t feel the need to respond to every single one if it’s obviously fake.
5. It’s okay to occasionally get personal on your business pages. Believe it or not, sometimes your customer does want to get to know who you are.
6. Getting reviews is essential for so many reasons. If you aren’t automatically getting them, then don’t be afraid to ask nicely.
Awesome tools we mentioned:
We didn’t really mention any tools, so here a picture of a dog in a tea cup.
Thank you so much for watching!
If you’re in the marketing industry or a small business owner, you might be interested in our new podcast: Mind Your Marketing.
On the show, Justin and Jordan go over all of the latest marketing news, while also discussing trending ads. MYM airs every Wednesday, and we’d be thrilled if you had a listen. You can hit subscribe below to watch MYM live on YouTube, or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts. Here is the link to subscribe on the Apple podcasting app.
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!